Friday, June 4, 2010

Mechanics Notes - Day Zero


Karl:
Bring the generator to power the sound system, blow dryer and blender and for charging the lights, cell phones, laser printer and the cattle prod. It was $112. Who do I talk to about reimbursement? http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/hot-shot-green-rechargeable-cattle-prod.html

Meanwhile, I’ve installed the Phillips “Heart Start” defib add-on accessory on my Moto Guzzi for the occasion, only $2995 from http://www.aedsuperstore.com/?adid=1200&content=&gclid=CLCdk9qbgqICFYd-5QodOlyfGA

Team:

Welcome to the 24 hours of “Why Did I Ever Agree To This”!!

I’m Ray, and I’m the one who will quietly tell you there are still chunks of vomit on your face, and to pull down your shorts BEFORE you pee, and not think any less of you. I will be chronicling this event as best I can for the entire 24hrs, (or until I wander onto the highway aimlessly following Captain Manuel “The Pineapple” Noriega into battle and get wacked by a Wal-Mart semi)



Now then, outside of the basics, I can’t promise much mechanically, but I can promise you a clean ride on every session. So unless you are a stickler for maintaining an unwashed, uncircumcised, Philistine of a bike for the entire race, I will clean it when you come in. Let me know otherwise. I have a nice Simply Green cleaner that I use on all my rescue motorcycle projects that I’ll bring. Typically, a cleaning and a lube after ever ride. Sounnnnnnnnnd Guud?

My short list:

Lots of clean rags
1 box of surgical gloves (promise, no funny business)
A sixer of “suck on a rusty tin can” super hoppy Pale Ale to go along with those slammin’ breakfast burritos
Binoculars (is that Shawn coming in?..I dunno, I can’t tell.. I think it’s a …)
A few Cheap Panchos
A Lunar heating blanket
Chapstick, sunscreen, earplugs
Beduin headgear for the wind (Burkini for Shawn)

A trick from my wife during my m/c endurance racing days…Take a few washcloths and soak them, squeeze out and coat with a very little Eucalyptus-Mint soap. Throw them in a zip-lock bag. Promise you, come early morning and mid day, French bath and you’ll be transformed.

I’m assuming you have all the tools you’ll need. Let me know if I need to pick up/bring anything. I’ll do my best to keep you on track. Just let me know what that is for you BEFORE you are sleep deprived, disoriented and maniacal. So no, I won’t help you catch, kill and eat the bunny.

Good luck, Pactimo.. they won’t know what hit “em! See you all on Friday!

rr

No comments:

Post a Comment